The Harry S. Truman Leadership Scholars Program is provided each year to a select group of Missouri resident students at Truman State University who have demonstrated significant leadership experience in high school. By participating in this program, Truman Leadership Scholars are prepared to take on significant leadership roles and to create lasting change in their communities and our world.
- To attract outstanding students to Truman State University.
- To help achieve the University’s goal to prepare students to “demonstrate courageous, visionary, and service-oriented leadership,” as articulated in the University Strategic Plan.
The Program will accomplish these objectives by offering an integrated set of experiences intended to ensure that students:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply key leadership theories and principles in organizational settings.
- Develop values consistent with leadership in a democratic society.
- Deepen and expand their leadership skills.
- Contribute to the development of leadership in others.